I was still getting my face on. lol :)
Well, my little man has been home since last Tuesday afternoon. I thought I would high light some items that I have found to be useful since bringing him home.
Boppy pillow: for some reason, I thought I would use a regular pillow to prove those trendy items were not necessary. lol. well I have found that the Boppy pillow has been very useful-more so than a regular pillow
breast pump: I also did not break this out until a few days home because I did not realize you could pump before your milk came in. It has really come in handy since I was spending hours trying to wake him up enough to breast feed without success (he would just lick it off) and then give him a bottle any way
sleep wedge: I really think that thing helps him feel like he is being hugged. I believe it has helped him sleep as well.
Kiddopotomus swaddle wrap: one in fleece and one in cotton. (the fleece one for when he has on cotton pajamas and the cotton one when he has on fleece pajamas) This wrap seems to help him get settled down for sleep at night and nap in the afternoon. It has helps him feel not quite as vulnerable on the changing table. lol. ;)
pacifier clip: it really makes a difference that the pacifier is on him at all time-even though he is not a huge fan-it has come in handy to have it near
Munchkin microwave sterilizer bags: you rinse off your pump, pacifiers, and bottles and throw them in this bag. put water in. microwave for 3 minutes. clean items! I have three out in rotation so I always have clean pumping supplies and bottles. I rotate out 4 bottles instead of waiting on the dishwasher or having to wash my own.
wetness sensor diapers: these have come in handy to know he is indeed having enough wet diapers. sometimes it is obvious but other times not so much
wipe warmer: i do think that the thing takes that bite off the cold wipes (our house is pretty cold) but they do not stay super warm once you take them out
snap up pajamas: when he gets bigger I don't think I want to mess with snaps but right now it it better than unzipping pajamas (since his arms are swaddled) I never thought I would prefer snaps after working in day cares and being frustrated by so many crotch snaps but right now they are helpful
I have been doing laundry every day so I do not have a lot of newborn outfits. I have been able to rotate them out and did not have to invest in a bunch of tiny clothes. However, contrary to my mother's advice, I did buy several newborn sleepers and shirts for when he is tiny. Some of the newborn clothes are actually loose but 0-3 month clothes are certainly too big and he gets lost. So I am glad I bought him a few newborn outfits for now.
-He is not a real big fan of the swing but will sit in it when he is in the mood.
-the bouncey seat has come in handy and he will sit there for a while at times.
-during his awake period he likes to lounge in on his Boppy pillow next to me on the couch
(I have to laught right now because I was thinking about taking him to church next week in the sling. However, with how noisy he is breathing and talking, I might have to stand in the back. lol)
I wish I could figure out how to put my cell phone pictures up because it is a lot easier to catch him smiling on it! He is a very smiley baby-both awake and asleep. I almost cried when the nurse brought him to me on the second morning and when I said "Good morning" he grinned so big :)
All in all, being a mom is much more than I expected. He fills me with so much joy-even in the middle of the night-and I am still in disbelief at the fact that he is finally here and more than the baby in my dreams. I AM LOVIN' IT :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment