CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Instant Family


me and the little angel

me and my prince

When I met my husband last May, it was the first time in four years that I had a guy follow through. I had been let down time after time and was beginning to lose hope. My husband actually redeemed mankind :)

My cousin met her husband on E-Harmony about 3 years ago. That was the first time I actually knew someone that it worked for. I was still very skeptical. Well after attending her wedding and seeing that she no longer was waiting for that special someone I wondered....So I tried it-just for a month. I thought maybe I could at least meet some interesting people-supposedly the kind of people I should be compatible with. lol. They matched me up with a lot of guys. However, I did not have much faith that anything would happen. Out of thirty guys, I only got to the texting on the cell phone part with two of them. One of the guys kept standing me up and pretty much disappeared off the face of the planet. The other one, my husband, did not really take the hook. (I come to find out later that he had done it for a year and by the time I came around he was, well sort of seeing someone.)

So I went about my life for four months. I was resistant to give into being alone even though I had heard that is when God sends someone-when you are comfortable with yourself. Well I decided that instead of moving home after my junior year of college I would get my own apartment, take some classes, and do what I love-work at a day care. Would you know that the day I moved into my own place was the day my husband walked into my life?! I had him on my friend list for Facebook and saw that he was suddenly single. Trying to be nice I shot him a line and three days letter we met for dinner. (We both thought the other one had not been interested and taken for the last few months)

So begins our story. It has always felt right from the first time I saw him. And when he took the initiative to hold my hand during "Spider Man 3" -so I did not have to strategically place my hand so he would-I knew it was what I had been waiting for and boy was it worth the wait. We both had been through so much, and relationships had put us through so much, that we really appreciated what the other had to offer.

However, I told him I did not want to meet his 8 year old daughter until we were together and were committed to each other. (She was not living with him at the time so he just got her for visits) So after a month I met the little angel and hopped right into mommy hood. My apartment, job, and school were thirty minutes away so I did a lot of driving May through December but it was so rewarding. I was so relieved when I graduated and got married two weeks later. I would finally get to wake up in the arms of the most wonderful guy and help my daughter get ready for school.

0 comments: