I had to say goodbye to my baby girl today until July 7th. Her mother's step mom, who had custody of her for the last four years, came to get her for bible school and the annual vacation to Destin.
I am really going to miss her. She can be a pill sometimes but most of the time I feel incredibly blessed because she is such a sweet kid. I love getting to pick her up from day care at 2 and having our afternoons. We go swimming on Mondays and Wednesdays. My husband works until 5:30 on weekdays and 1:30 on Saturday so I get a lot of girl time with my daughter. Really the only problem I sometimes have out of her is her tendency to question everything. Apparently EVERYTHING was open to discussion when she lived with "Tata"
I think my husband worries that having an instant daughter is putting too much of a burden on me. I tell him this is what I have always wanted to do. "But you did not expect to have an eight year right away." "But I would have had to wait a lot longer to be a mom." I always figured I should baby my husband for at least a year or two. To me, that seems like a really long time to wait. lol.
The other day we were in Borders and he said, "I should buy this for you." (What to Expect When You are Expecting) "I already have that one." "How can you already have it?! It just came out!" LOL. "I want to be as prepared as possible." Its no secret that I am very excited about having a baby. I know we need to wait but its still fun to read about and buy for my hypothetical baby (I have a HUGE storage container full of clothes I have accumulated)
I love babies. I have worked at daycares for 6 years and absolutely loved it! I just got a job at at preschool for special needs children and feel God has prepared me for this line of work for a long time. I have always been my younger brother's little mom since he was born when I was 7.








1 comments:
I, too, am wretched. Thanks for making me feel better.
Post a Comment