CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Baby Whisperer

When my husband and were at the library the other day this book caught my attention. "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg. Its funny because that is what my sister often calls me. As flattered as I am I just connect with babies. I was always talking to my babies in my classroom, whether it was newborn to five years olds. I really would rather work alone so I can really talk to my babies. When other people are in the room they would ask, "Why are you talking to her like that?! She can't understand you." LOL. Well they obviously did not see how well my classroom ran. I tried to maintain a calm composure and tell the babies what, why, and how. Well as I was reading along in this book she too has this philosophy! She says parents will often say, "Melinda why are you talking to her like that?! She is only three days old-she can't possibly understand." The author's response? "Well, we don't know that for sure, do we, luv? Imagine how terrible it would be if she does understand me and I don't talk to her." Scientist have found that newborns understand more than we ever dreamed. Even if the baby does not understand what you are saying, by talking and carrying yourself a certain way they can feel the difference. I am really looking forward to this book already!

0 comments: