One of the first time Little Angel came to visit in April she complained of her teeth hurting. I gave her pain medicene and called her grandmother who had custody. She said she knew about the cavities but just had not gotten around to getting her an appointment. She said she would take her as soon as possible. Well right before she went on vacation with them two weeks ago she was complaining about her teeth again. I said, "I thought you went to the dentist to get those cavities taken care of." She said, "I did but they only cleaned them because I was crying so much." So here it is 4 months after they found cavities and she still had not gotten them filled! You can imagine my shock. So I asked her grandmother about it and she said that she had her daughter, who is my age, take Little Angel to the dentist. They recommended she go to a specialist but she never got around to taking her. I am sorry but that seems like neglect and child abuse. And these people have had custody of her for the last 4 years?! Needless to say she is going tomorrow first thing because when she came running into my room before dinner I saw that the cavity was now an abcess.
Summer 2011
15 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment